Thursday 16 July 2015

Lush Oxford Street - Damaged Hot Oil Treatment


Damaged Hot Oil treatment


Since discovering Lush a number of years ago, I have always enjoyed trying out the new products that they release. So imagine my excitement when they opened a 3 floor megastore on Oxford St in London with hundreds of new products to try!

I haven't yet had the chance to visit the shop but I managed to get a number of goodies from the kitchen on the Lush website, one of which was the Damaged Hot Oil treatment. After a list of the new products started to become available (All things lush is fantastic for this), this was one in particular that I really wanted to try out. My hair is highlighted blonde on a regular basis and is frequently bullied in to shape with various heat styling tools. Resulting in me being constantly on the look out for a product that will help keep my hair in good condition and in this I think I have found my saviour!

The Damaged hot oil is one of three hot oil treatments available at the Oxford street store and is also vegan. On first look it reminds me of those hot chocolate dipping blocks you can get as it comes in a solid form on a wooden stirrer. In order to use it, you put the solid block into a mixing pot (Lush's empty pots are perfect for this!) and slowly add hot water while stirring for around 5 minutes. Eventually you end up with a creamy paste that can be applied to your hair and washed out after 20 minutes of miracle working.


Personally I have fairly long hair and there's quite a substantial amount of it, yet I found half the block to be plenty for a single use. I know a fair few people make the paste and then save half but it keeps far longer in its solid form so I think it's best to just break it in half beforehand! Added bonus - considering it costs £6.50, the fact that you can generally get two treatments out of it makes it pretty easy on the bank balance!

Now that we have got the serious information out of the way, let's talk about the best bit...the scent! To me, it smells absolutely AMAZING. A lovely natural vanilla scent rather than the overly sweetened smell that can often make vanilla scented products sickly. Instead, this has a slightly smokey undercurrent that is just wonderful. It made my hair smell glorious and I was pleasantly surprised to find that the scent lasted longer than most of their products. In all honesty I may have been casually trying to smell my hair on a regular basis throughout the day...yes I know that sounds weird but hey, its just too good. 

The product itself contains fair trade vanilla absolute, virgin olive oil, almond oil and avocado oil so it works wonders on dried out hair that needs a bit of love. My hair went from a tangled, dull birds nest into bouncy, silky, shiny locks, and i'm really not exaggerating! I'll admit to being so excited that I tweeted about it and in my rush to share my news ended up choosing Lush USA instead of UK...which resulted in a number of rather jealous Americans! All in all, I think this product is an absolute wonder and I am utterly in love with it. I'm really hoping that Lush choose to bring the hot oils out across all of the stores as I think its one of their best products. For now, I will just have to stock up when the opportunity arrives!

Have any of you tried the hot oil treatment? What did you think? Are you planning on testing it soon? Would love to hear your thoughts!

Where can you buy this product?
 Lush Oxford Street exclusive - £6.50

Disclaimer: The first image was sourced via google due to the packaging on my product being torn. If the owner of this image would like it to be removed / credit given, please contact me.












SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bristolian Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig